Sunday, September 02, 2012

Soundtrack Sunday: APO Hiking Society

For me, the APO is one of the best Filipino bands ever! Their songs are definitely timeless, being sung by generations of Filipinos. They created beautiful melodies that anyone can sing with and they are also songwriting geniuses, creating lyrics that resonate with people of all shapes and sizes.

Here are two of my favorite songs of theirs (and all-time) - Panalangin and When I Met You. I play these songs whenever I'm in a romantic and senti mood. In fact, I love them so much that I even thought of playing them in my fictional wedding, haha!

Just listen to these lyrics and see if you don't get love-struck yourself!





Incidentally, I also got to watch the movie musical I Do Bidoo Bidoo yesterday. It's a romantic comedy, inspired by the APO's music. Think Mamma Mia, only Pinoy (syempre!). It's a unique movie, definitely not your typical Pinoy movie. The actors were great (Gary V., Zsa Zsa Padilla, Ogie Alcasid and Eugene Domingo) and you can't help but sing and tap your foot along the music. Definitely a feel-good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment