Saturday, April 13, 2013

Public Commute: Newport City

Ever since working back here in Manila, I've always been on the look out for cheaper but convenient means of commuting around the metro. I really hate spending on taxicabs and I'm always antsy when taking one to a place I'm not familiar with. So, when I needed to go to Resorts World from my office in Eastwood, I was so happy to have discovered the Citylink bus!

The Citylink bus route is from Eastwood City to Market! Market! and ends at Newport City via C5. From Eastwood to Newport, it only cost me Php39.00! Woohoo! It's very convenient especially for office people. You just have to find the Citylink queue outside Eastwood Mall, line up (there are even benches provided) and then wait for the bus to arrive. The bus is also very clean and has good air-conditioning, which makes it a waaay better option than taking a cab.

Citylink has the following schedule of departures and arrivals (taken from Wikipedia):
From Newport City to Eastwood City, trips are from Monday to Saturday, 6AM - 8AM, and from Monday-Friday, 4PM - 7PM. Every Saturday, only one unit will have a departure time at 4PM.
From Eastwood City to Newport City, trips are from Monday to Saturday, 6AM - 9AM, and from Monday-Friday, 5PM - 7:30PM. Every Saturday, only one unit will have a departure time at 5PM.
Try it and let me know how your experience went. =)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Hi. Do you happen to know if I can ride this CityLink bus in Market Market so I can go to Eastwood? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so. But it's been 2 years since I rode on Citylink so am not sure if they have updated schedules or routes.

      Delete