Friday, September 17, 2010

Trike


Yesterday, after at least 10 years, I got to ride a tricycle-- not in the side car, but on the bike behind the driver. What an experience! I was scared of falling off during the entire trip, that my knuckles have turned white from gripping the handles very tightly.

It was different when I was younger because I used to enjoy it. It's more fun and dangerous that way-- in short it was kinda cool, for a girl to sit that way. And I've also always found sitting in the side car very suffocating.

But now, it's the opposite. I prefer to sit inside because I feel it's safer and it's more comfortable. (Yes, I know very lola-ish.)

And yet, last night's ride was nothing compared to what happened earlier. I had to ride behind the driver again, AND I was wearing a friggin' shirt dress! AND, the driver's side didn't have a roof over it (see picture) so I had to grip real tight on the side of the side car. If you can't picture me out in this scenario, it's because of the sheer awkwardness of this position. I had to hang on for dear life while making sure that my dress doesn't reveal anything the public doesn't want to see.

Aside from the very bumpy road, what made this a very pleasant ride was the fact that the driver was driving too close to cars who were moving on the opposite direction! I had to keep my legs and feet real close to me (not too close or my I might lose my feet to the motor's wheel. Yikes!). All this time I was praying to the Lord that I don't die yet.

Not this way, at least. It's just too embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment