Thursday, December 23, 2010

Still on The List

It's almost a year since I made the resolution to come up with a First Things list. I initially thought of doing 30 new things before I celebrate the big 3-0, but then I realized it's somewhat impossible. So I made it a year-long project. And, until now I haven't completed the list! Am I that boring that I can't even do 30 new things in a year? Sheesh!

Anyway, I still got a few days to go and less than 10 things to do. Who knows, I might get the chance to do new stuff while enjoying my Christmas holiday.

First Thing #21 - Go on a business trip.

Fortunately for someone like me who loves traveling, I've had the utter good fortune of landing jobs that required me to be stuck to a desk and computer.

But as luck would have it, I got moved to a different department that allowed me to travel to different places for work. For a couple of weeks, I basically lived out of a suitcase, moved from airport to airport, and stayed in different hotels. Sounds like hell? Nah! I remember thinking, "Ahhh, I can get used to this!"

One, I love packing. I've mastered the art of traveling light and have already developed a system that would put any packaging company to shame. Two, I love airports. I like watching people head off to some destination or come home from a long trip. And three, who doesn't like staying in a hotel??

So after that experience, I made up my mind that I will definitely have to get me job that involves lots of traveling. My goal now is to become a Travel Blogger. Can anyone hire me please?

First Thing #22 -
Visit Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod and Dagupan.
I was able to go to these places because of the business trips mentioned above. Being Filipino and living here in the Philippines all my life, I can't believe I've never been to these places before.

So when I had the chance to go there, I felt like being an ambassador of the Pilipinas Kay Ganda campaign, taking note of the unique qualities in each so that I may spread the word and encourage everyone to visit these cities.

Downside though, is that I was only able to stay a day or two in each, so my my observations were limited and basically...irrelevant hehe. But I promised myself to go back very soon and experience everything these places have to offer.

First Thing #23 - See a Hedgehog.
OK, I know this has nothing to do with the first two, but then it's my first time seeing a hedgehog. I never thought I'd see one here in the Philippines, much less three.

They were small, cute and cuddly but I hesitated in touching them cos I'm afraid their "bristles" might hurt. They really look much like a toilet bowl brush.





So I still have 7 things to add on my list before I can say that this project is completed. If anyone has ideas on what else I can do, or if you can tag me along to one of your adventures, please let me know. You'll make one miserable old maid's Christmas and New Year, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment