Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bookworm Log #3: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

I should say this is the worst of the trilogy.

I was so excited to read this and find out how Lisbeth gets out of that fatal bind she found herself in at the end of the second book, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and of course figure out how it all ends.

So I was so disappointed that it didn't live up to my expectations. It didn't have the explosive ending that I hoped for, and worse, the story progression wasn't even that exciting. The problem was that there were too many new characters and too many new subplots that I can hardly keep up. I often find myself pausing and asking, 'What the hell is going on?!'. It felt like Larsson suddenly realized that he ran out of time so he decided to put everything he thought of in one book.

It's really a pity that it turned out into a sorry mish mash of everything because I was hoping that this would be an amazing conclusion to the trilogy. I enjoyed the two other books while I was reading them, but man, he really does have a penchant for anti-climactic endings.

I haven't seen the Hollywood movie version of Dragon Tattoo, and I hear they're filming all three books, but I do hope they make a better job bringing it to the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment