Friday, June 24, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I'm writing this at home, on the third day of crappy stormy weather. Our village has been flooded- submerged in at least 12 inches of murky water.

I called in sick today but I couldn't really relax and get some rest because the non-stop raining is making me nervous. I get up every few minutes and check the water level outside. Good thing we're staying on the third floor so we're basically safe. But the images of destruction that Typhoon Ondoy caused two years ago, keep me feeling restless. And worse, that typhoon pretty much had the area I'm living in now, looking like the ancient city of Atlantis.

Although I was not yet here when it happened, but the horror stories of the victims and images in the news are enough to leave one scared of unrelenting heavy rains. The government's weather bureau kept reassuring everyone that Typhoon Falcon won't be another Ondoy. Still, one can't help but be praning.

The news reports that a lot of families have already evacuated their homes to seek higher (and safer) ground and more are still stranded in the streets. I just hope everyone keeps safe and that this God-awful rain goes away real soon and never to come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment