Saturday, June 25, 2011

Products I Totally Swear By

I was recently looking for a good salon to have my hair colored and a colleague recommended her friend's salon. I asked her if she had her hair done there, and she sheepishly said she's never been there because the place is a bit pricey. O...kay.

I'm a bit choosy in the salons that I go to, especially when it involves cutting or coloring the hair, a manicure and pedicure. I rarely speak up when the salon person starts hurting me or cutting my hair way too short. That's why I always depend on friends' referrals before I try any new salon or any new product for that matter.

That's why I thought of listing down some of the stuff I have been using and really believe in. But let me make this clear: No, I did not hit my head and started thinking of myself as a celebrity endorser. On the contrary, because I'm just your average Jane, you know that I have not been paid to write about them. I am and have been using these products for years, and I would like to share them with you because they really work!

1. Eskinol Facial Cleanser
This has been part of my daily routine since I was probably 12.
PLUS: I have never been pimply (thank goodness!), but I noticed that whenever I get pimples, Eskinol helps get rid of them right away and even pimple scars disappear. I use it after washing my face, and with all the pollution I have to face everyday, I really feel much cleaner.
MINUS: It tends to dry the skin so I think using it once or twice a day is enough. And as usual, you need to apply moisturizer. Speaking of moisturizer...


2. Celeteque Moisturizer
I've been using this for more than 3 years now.
PLUS: I love this because it's water-based so it's not at all sticky. I hate the oil-based ones cos it feels like my skin can't breathe. I also use Celeteque's facial wash and toner, so I buy their travel pack which includes the miniature-sized trio.
MINUS: Um, can't think of any.


3. Contractubex
When I had my freaky bike accident 4 years ago, which left my face and legs scarred for life, I used this magical gel religiously until the scars are barely visible.
PLUS: It really, really works! People don't notice the scars near my eyebrow until I point them out.
MINUS: The small tube's way more expensive than a tub of Sebo de Macho.


4. Max Factor Second Skin Foundation

This was introduced to me by my gay friend, who uses more facial products than I do and spends more time in the bathroom than I do.
PLUS: It is a great cover-up for any blemish or pimple scar. It's a liquid foundation but it's not oily so your face gets that perfect matte finish. Just a few drops, you will achieve that fresh-faced look.
MINUS: The only downside, I think, is the price. A bottle costs almost a thousand bucks, so if you're the type who liberally applies stuff in your face then it will be hard on your pocket. But if you're a cheapskate like me, a bottle could last you a few months or so.


5. Dimetapp Decongestant

I use the syrup kind, and not the tablet one. Until just recently, I can't swallow medicine tablets or capsules because I feel like I'm gonna choke or something. So I still drink my medicine using a spoon. =)
PLUS: Kiss your sniffles away after just a few hours of drinking. You will really feel your nasal cavity slowly clear up.
MINUS: It makes you really drowsy. Which is good, because you need to have that restful sleep. But if you were planning for an all-nighter then forget it cos this will really knock you out. Good thing though, is you will feel very much refreshed when you wake up.


These are just some of the products I really believe in. Will post more as I remember them. But for now, maybe you can share with me some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment