Sunday, March 27, 2011

Going Beyond Earth Hour

I've been a staunch supporter of Earth Hour since 2009. Many people think that it's a fruitless exercise because it's just an hour in a year. But I feel that's better than nothing. However, now I think it's time that I go beyond the hour if I really want to help save Mother Earth.

So here are small acts I promise to do (or continue doing):

1. When eating take-outs, I will not use plastic utensils and drinking straws unnecessarily.

2. I will continue to throw garbage in its rightful place. I will keep my trash until I find a trash can.

3. Use more scratch paper and envelopes at work.

4. Keep walking.

5. Bring my own bags when shopping/doing groceries.

Hope everybody comes up with their own lists. These may be little things, but they add up to a great thing if we all do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment