Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Just My Luck

Q: What's worse than a jejemon?
A: A jejemon working in the government.


It's not a secret that government employees are not my favorite people. Let's just say that all of my experiences dealing with government offices have been downright nasty. They've all been very consistent in giving incredibly bad service, that the one time I sorta had an uneventful-bordering-on-pleasant experience, I nearly died of a heart attack.

Anyway, so today I had another memorable conversation with one of our esteemed civil servants. As a backgrounder, I asked a messenger to send some documents to this 3-lettered office. I addressed the envelope to an officer who previously received documents similar to the ones I was sending, a couple of days ago. The messenger returned in the afternoon, with an unopened envelope and a scribbled mobile number. He said that the guy was asking why I addressed the envelope to him, if I knew him, and that I should call him instead. So at this point, I was already somehow pissed because it was really important that the documents be processed today.

I dial the number, and the honorable officer answered, 'Eyo powz?' WTF!?! If I had someone read my blood pressure that very second, I probably would have made the medical journals.

So I tried my hardest to compose myself and ask him in perfect English if I could speak with Mr. So and So. He immediately reverted to a professional manner and I just continued to speak to him in English. I asked him why he had me call and if there was anything wrong with the documents I sent. He just said that he wondered why I addressed the envelope to him, and how come I knew his name. So I told him and also repeated my question about the documents. This is the killer answer: he doesn't know because he didn't check them. Before I could stop myself, I retorted, 'So you didn't open the envelope??'

I won't write here the rest of the conversation but you can already guess that I was fighting a losing battle. It's bad enough that he works for the government, he had to be a jeje too. So fun.

P.S. For those wondering who or what is a jejemon, here is a Wikipedia definition. I can't believe they made it to Wikipedia. Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. Wahatt the PACK!!!! Hahahaha :) OMAY Gehhdddd.... This is just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabe gyud, Bing. Makabuang! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete