Sunday, February 18, 2007

Two Firsts

Experienced 2 "firsts" today:

One- I was able to visit the MV Doulos, which they say is the oldest active ship in the world and that it's even older than the Titanic (or was that a bit younger?). Missionaries and volunteers of different nationalities live on the ship and they go around the world to spread God's word. It also boasts of a wide selection of books, from Children's Lit to Dictionaries to the Classics. It docks here in the Philippines every few years only, so when I heard that it's here in Cebu, I had to check it out.

There were indeed lots of books, but there were also lots of people on board. The ship was jam-packed with visitors, that it was hard to browse through the bookshelves. We ended up leaving after a few minutes of looking around, because it was so hot and suffocating inside.

Anyway, that short taste of history was enough for me.

Two- On the way to the pier where MV Doulos was docked, we missed a turn and we ended up going through the SRP. It's the new road that makes it faster and easier to reach Talisay City. It was my first time to drive down that road and I found it really beautiful. The road was smooth, there's virtually no traffic, and you have an amazing view of the ocean. It reminded me of Hong Kong and intensified my recently awakened wanderlust.

So despite the impending doom of Monday hovering above my head, I'd say today was a good day.

P.S. I was able to share my Princess Hours obsession with Pia, which added to the "goodness" of this day

No comments:

Post a Comment