Friday, April 03, 2015

Where to Stay in Prague: Arpacay Backpackers Hostel

A friend who's been to Prague the previous year recommended Arpacay to us. He said that the place is clean and quite near to Charles Bridge. I'm so glad we followed his recommendation, except for the long uphill climb to get there, I quite enjoyed my stay there.

That's my bed! It had a quite cozy nook, too. (Photo from Arpacay website)
I booked us to their 6 Bed Mixed Dorm with private bathroom, and got us a 20% early bird discount for booking at least 3 months in advance.
So instead of paying CZK1000 each for 2 nights (around Php1740), we only paid CZK736 each saving us around Php400. (On a sidenote: when I made the booking, we didn't have our visas yet. I thought I could afford to lose the 5% deposit of around Php150 more than the early bird discount hehe.)


Breakfast area (Photo from Arpacay website)
The entire place was clean - common areas, our dorm and bathrooms. Our dorm was quite roomy, and since no else stayed in our room, we still had some kind of privacy. The bathroom was quite big and kept clean.

My bed was cozy, plus the sheets were soft and smelled fresh, too. There's free personal lockers (you can rent a lock if you didn't bring one), and free wi-fi in the room. Yay!

You can access the kitchen anytime, if you prefer to cook your own food. I enjoyed their buffet breakfast, though, which you could get for 3 euros, I think.

The TV area (Photo from Arpacay website)
Their staff were friendly and helpful, I even asked them to mail a postcard for me (for a fee). You can ask for a free city map and walk your way to the city's famous landmarks which are pretty accessible from the hostel - Prague Castle, St. Nicholas Church, Infant Jesus of Prague, Kafka Museum, Charles Bridge and Old Town Square.

All of these gave us such a huge relief since it was our first time staying in a hostel, and in a shared dorm at that!


The downhill trek from the hostel
How to get there:
Photo from Arpacay website
From the bus station, take the subway and get off Malostranska station. Go out of the station and walk a few feet (no need to cross the street!) to take tram No. 12, 20 or 22. Get off the next stop, Malostranske namesti. Walk up the hill along Nerudova street, and after about a 5min-walk you will find the hostel on the right side.




So if you're headed to Prague, I highly recommend you stay at Arpacay Backpackers Hostel. You can visit their site here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment