Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Boracay Fun 2012!

Who goes on vacation after coming back from a vacation?

I DO!

Last January 6, after coming back from my 3-week Christmas vacation, two friends and I decided to go to Boracay and get some much-deserved R & R! I haven't been to this island since 2001 and I was excited to go back.

We thought we would have the island to ourselves, but apparently lot of people thought the same thing. It was kind of irritating at first because I hate crowds when I'm at the beach and all I want to do is bum, swim and be left in peace. But the moderate people traffic turned out great for our guy-watching hobby, haha!

Anyway, here's our itinerary and the cost associated with this trip (from what I can still remember):

Jan 6 - 1-hour delayed flight from Manila to Kalibo via Airphil Express (Php 4000 roundtrip airfare and Php 200 terminal fee)
         - 2-hour van ride from Kalibo to Caticlan (Php 200, I think)
         - 30-min boat ride from Caticlan port to Boracay (my memory is already failing me but probably around Php100)
         - 20-min tricycle ride to hotel (Php 25 for the 3 of us)
         - check-in at Casa Fiesta (Php 7500 total for 4D3N, so Php2500 per person)
         - pork barbeque dinner in Gasthof (couldn't be more than Php 200) and start of people-watching
         - traditional drinking of Jonas shake (Php 95) and late-night photo ops


Jan 7 - French toast breakfast at Real Coffee (Php200 something)
         - swimming the whole day, we stayed at some hotel's area so we had to order drinks (Php100 something)
     
         - lunch at some Thai resto
         - Happy Hour at 6pm in  Nigi Nigi (P25 San Mig Light)
         - back to Casa Fiesta to wash up
         - pasta dinner at Aria (P250, I think) and more people-watching


Jan 8 - long walk to Station 3 to find The English Bakery, but we found out that they already moved near Station 2 where we were staying
         - stayed in Station 3 and ate American breakfast at Bei Kurtz Und Magz (Php 100 something)

         - Swimming time!

     



         - Happy Hour at 1pm at Arwana just right beside Bei Kurtz (2 rum cokes for Php 130)
         - afternoon merienda of lovely fluffy pancakes at Arwana (not sure, basta less than Php100)

         - trek back to Station 2
        - yummy burrito dinner at Manana (less than Php100 since a friend and I shared a plate)

         - night stroll and people watching at D' Mall

Jan 9 - breakfast at The (new) English Bakery

         - final fruit shake stop at Jonas (Php 95) and enjoyed our last morning stroll in Boracay

         - tricycle ride to port (Php 10)
         - boat ride to Caticlan (Php300 which includes boat, terminal fees and van fare)
         - van ride to Kalibo
         - plane ride back to Manila (terminal fee was Php25 and flight's delayed again)
         - my shuttle ride from NAIA T3 to MRT Station (Php 20)
         - MRT Train ride to Cubao (Php 12)
         - jeepney ride from Cubao to our place (Php 18)

I'm so sorry that I have such a lousy memory when it comes to keeping track of my expenses! So if you were looking to depend on this post as reference for your Boracay budgeting plans, then forget it. I suggest you turn to other bloggers for that, hehe.

Anyway, I loved that short trip to Boracay. Although, I still have a problem with the seawater (like in my first visit, I get itchy right after swimming) I will definitely go back to the island when I get the chance!

1 comment:

  1. wow, nice photos. do you have contact number of casa fiesta? by d way im looking for travel buddies too

    ReplyDelete