Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tsk, tsk...

I recently bought this Civil Service Examination reviewer (published by a review center that boasts of producing topnotchers), to prepare for an upcoming exam. While answering the English practice tests, I've already noticed grammatical errors here and there. I tried to ignore them, (Er, not really. I kept complaining to my brother that I wasted Php295 on this thing) but after 30 minutes of torture I finally decided to stop reading.

Here's one of the 'trick' questions. The instruction was to identify which one of the 4 sentences contains an error.

a. We have lived in Bukidnon since 1960.
b. I think we will be making it our home because father and mother think it is a good place to bring up children.
c. Before 1960, my parents live in Iloilo where they both taught at one of the schools there.
d. We find Malaybalay a peaceful place and a healthful one, free from the distractions of city life.
e. No mistakes.


Hmp. So now I've decided that I'll just depend on good 'ole stock knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:42 PM

    hehehe wa pa diay ka ngpa certify ani dais? 2003 pako ni take ani.. kaya ra kaau na oi.. IQ test ramn cya.. pero funi ni na mga questions:D hehe- cherrys

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm done with Civil Service dugay ra. But I'm reviewing for the FSO diba so nangita lang kog basic review materials kay I know it'll be harder than Civil Service. But since na-turn off ko sa kabati niya, I'll stick to my initial plan nga di na lang mag-review, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete