Saturday, March 06, 2010

First Things First

Okay, I know I've been really really delinquent in working on my 30 First Things list. I've only managed to do 4 new things since the time I decided to come up with one (my previous entries only talked about 3 things, the 4th one shall remain nameless here :)). But I think I more than made up for it this week. I got to do 3 new things, namely:

First Thing #5 - Eat at Larsians.
Larsians is a famous 'kinowboy'-style barbecue place here in Cebu, so people here can't believe I haven't even been there. So last Tuesday, we brought a couple of Swedish friends to Larsians, to taste some authentic Cebu streetfood. The food was okay and the place reminded me of the chili crab place we went to in Singapore. I can't say though that it's for those with weak stomach. :P

First Thing #6 - Paintball!
I've always wanted to try this one, together with Airsoft, since combat-type of games really appeal to me. But I've always been scared of being hurt. I was really anxious while we were being suited up but the adrenaline kicked in when we were already playing. I wasn't as aggressive as the boys, but I managed to make a hit or two and I didn't even get shot. So overall, it was a good way to be roughened up :)



First Thing #7 - Go kart-racing.
This is another thing I've been dying to try out, so I'm really glad we did this right after we played paintball. I didn't go as fast as I intended because thanks to my really long legs, I couldn't quite reach the accelerator and the wheels keep turning right so they are a bit hard to steer. (*Ehem* Excuses, excuses) But I would definitely do this again to satisfy my need for speed!



Because of these, you might say I had a great week. But I really need to step up if I want to finish my list before the year ends. 23 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment