Saturday, April 14, 2007

reality bites

just for this week, my mom has been riding with me all the way to citi and during that time, 2 of my officemates saw her with me. both exclaimed later at how young my mom looked that they initially thought she was my older sister. one even suggested that i get tips from my mom, seeing as how well made-up and more "kikay" she is than me. ouch.

mind you, this is not the first time this has happened. from the time my sis and i were in high school, there've been instances where my ma's colleagues would say that the three of us look just like sisters. you could brush these comments off as mere flattery, but there've also been countless times when strangers mistook us kids, as her siblings.

considering she's 27 years older than me, this could only mean either of two things: she looks really young, or i look really old. or it could mean both.

No comments:

Post a Comment