Friday, April 12, 2013

On Kindness

I'm sharing here what happened to this week, which was short of a miracle. I have already posted this on my Facebook account:

Last Tuesday night, I lost my wallet (yes friends, AGAIN) but I didn't realize this until the next morning. That wallet had all my government IDs, credit cards, ATM and cash. We couldn't find it anywhere in the house and it wasn't in my friend's car. I even called the last place we've been to and was told nothing was turned over to them. I wasn't even sure if I misplaced it or it wasstolen from me. I was really devastated because it couldn't have happened at a worse time.

When a day has passed without finding it, I was resigned to the fact that it was gone. I knew I had no one to blame but myself. It was hard but I kept thinking that it was just money and whoever had it might have needed it more than I did. My prayer that night was 'Lord, I don't know what's gonna happen but bahala ka na as always. You know what I need and I know You will help me. But if it's not too much, I am still asking for a miracle.'

So this morning, while checking my email, I got a message from a stranger thru LinkedIn: 'Please contact me in facebook. Look for xxx. I found your wallet.' Wow! I had goosebumps reading it! We got in touch, and this stranger turned out to be a neighbor! Since I didn't have contact numbers in my wallet, they had to Google my name and it led them to my LinkedIn profile. Needless to say, I got everything back.

I'm not the type who usually talks about things like this, but the last 2 days taught me a lot about kindness as I have experienced the kindness of strangers, of friends and of God. I've been told that I am very lucky. But I am not lucky, I am blessed. =)


What I wasn't able to share was the names of my good samaritans. To the couple, Reyg and Jomal Linao, I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me. I will forever be grateful for your kindness. May God bless you and your family a thousandfold! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment