Tuesday, August 02, 2011

A New Discovery

I have proven that it is true that you learn something new everyday.

These incessant rains (thanks to the back-to-back typhoons hitting the country the past 3 weeks) not only caused havoc to my shoes, but it also brought to my attention a new discovery.

I just got home from work and coming up our apartment stairs, when I heard a very strange sound. At first I thought it was of several cows mooing. Lotsa cows. But that was impossible because one, it sounded a bit high-pitched and two, there couldn't be cows near the area because we're in a residential village and nowhere near any grazing field.

So when I brought it up with my brother, he said that we were actually listening to the melodious mating call of frogs/toads. What?!?! At first I couldn't believe him because I thought he was making it up. I mean I've heard frogs croak before and it and didn't sound like that. Anyway, I decided to research to satisfy my highly inquisitive mind and I found out that he's right.

To those who haven't heard a horny toad's (pun intended) call yet, it sounds very much like this:



Now multiply that by a hundred. Yup, disturbing.

I'm just glad I never saw any of those frogs as I kinda don't like their kind. They make me squirm. Good thing I wasn't that girl in the story, or else the prince would have remained a frog forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment