Friday, February 04, 2011

2nd To The Last Installment

I hate that I've been really sluggish in completing this list. I've less than a month to go, and I need four more to reach the finish line!

First Thing #24 - (Willingly) sport bangs.

I say willingly because I've had bangs before, back when I was still a toddler and could be bullied into any hairstyle my parents feel like. I'm sure all girls (and some boys?) my age have had the 'apple' haircut at one time or the other. It was all the rage amongst us 80s kids.

Anyway, so last December, I decided to have my long-overdue haircut and instructed the Korean stylist to give me bangs. A new look for the new year, ika nga. I felt really queasy while he was cutting away my precious hair, because I was afraid to look like an ensaymada. Thankfully, I didn't and I thought it kinda looked good.

But now I've grown tired of the bangs and couldn't wait for my hair to grow back. I remember now why I didn't want one in the first place: my hair covering my face. A face like this needs to be seen! Harhar.

First Thing #25 - Codename: Pepino.

This one's sorta X-rated, so I won't expound. Let's just say this had something to do with a bridal shower. Eew.


First Thing #26 - Eat tempura.

Well, ebi (shrimp) tempura, that is. Since I'm allergic to seafood- shrimp, squid, crab- I've never tried eating it. People have always commented that I'm missing half of my life because the allergy, especially being born in a country with overflowing bounty of the sea. But I've never really felt that way because I've eaten seafood before (how'd you think I found out I was allergic?) and I don't recall going gaga over its taste.

However, when we tried this new Japanese restaurant last Monday, I decided to finally try the tempura. I was armed and ready with my Claritin and Coke Zero. I didn't expect much from it, but I was pleasantly surprised with the taste. It was very delicious, the shrimp meat was ultra soft that it kind of melted in my mouth.

After that wonderful experience, I will definitely eat tempura now. But probably only in that restaurant. For now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment